BLANK AND HIDDEN - *KEEP AND IGNORE*
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
Senior Scientist - DMPK/Clinical Pharmacology Cambridge, MA Agios Pharmaceuticals. - POSTED 1/31/20
Company: Agios Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Location: Cambridge, MA, USA
Job Description: Senior Scientist
To Apply: Click here
Agios (agios.com) is a biopharmaceutical company committed to applying our scientific leadership in cellular metabolism to transform the lives of patients with cancer and rare genetic diseases. We are growing rapidly with an active research and discovery pipeline across both therapeutic areas. Agios has two approved oncology precision medicines and multiple first-in-class investigational therapies in clinical and/or preclinical development.
Agios Pharmaceuticals, Inc Cambridge, MA is seeking a dynamic and a highly motivated Senior Scientist to join the Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics/Clinical Pharmacology group. This person will be responsible for working with various CROs for designing and analyzing in-vitro and in-vivo ADME studies addressing issues related to metabolism and drug-drug interactions in both discovery and development programs. Further, this person will carry out strategies for ensuring that molecules are optimized with respect to in vitro ADME properties before molecules are transitioned into development. The ideal candidate will have a proven ability in identification of biotransformation pathways and metabolic enzymes/drug transporters involved in disposition of new therapeutic agents. A successful candidate should be able to exhibit strong communication and interpersonal skills and desire to work in a fast-paced, flexible and dynamic environment.
- Design and execute in vitro and in vivo (preclinical and clinical) drug metabolism/ADME studies in support of discovery and development programs
- Metabolic soft-spot identification and assessment reactive pathways to guide medicinal chemistry efforts in lead discovery and optimization
- Elucidate biotransformation pathways and determine the role of metabolic enzymes (CYP & non-CYPs) and drug transporters involved in the disposition of new chemical entities
- Identification of drug interaction liabilities due to enzyme/transporter substrate/inhibition/induction and set-up exclusion criteria for con-meds in first-in-human trials
- Provides leadership in clinical DDI study design based on clearance pathways, phenotyping and alteration of metabolic enzymes/drug-transporters activity
- Serve as a subject matter expert in drug metabolism and DDIs with in DMPK/Clinical Pharmacology
- Contribute for drafting INDs, IBs, briefing books and NDA documents to support regulatory submissions
- Applicants should possess a PhD or Masters in Organic/Medicinal/Analytical/Natural Products Chemistry/Pharmaceutical Sciences with 4+ (PhD) or 8+ years (Masters) of pharmaceutical industry experience
- Good understanding of organic chemistry principles/structural elucidation of small molecules and xenobiotic metabolism is required
- The candidate should have extensive experience interpreting mass spectral (LC-MS) data and other structural elucidation techniques such as NMR, chemical derivatization etc.
- Experience in conducting non-radio-labeled and radio-labeled ADME studies is preferred
- Strong knowledge in clinical relevance of clearance mechanisms and role of enzymes (CYPs & non-CYPs) and transporters in drug metabolism is required
- Hands-on experience in translation PBPK modeling to predict pharmacokinetic based drug interaction is highly desirable
- Thorough understanding of metabolism and DDI regulatory guidelines is an asset
- Ability to work independently with a minimum supervision, design experiments and report data in written reports and team presentations as required
- The individual is also expected to be highly organized, a team player, enthusiastic about drug discovery, and possess strong communication and collaborative skills
- Publications in peer-reviewed scientific journals are desirable.
Apply by visiting:
If you are a scientist who is interested in participating in these meetings,then please provide your contact details below and we shall be in touch. Thank you.
We shall not share your details with third parties.