Your Title Goes Here
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
Director - Business Development Worcester, MA Biomere - POSTED 9/5/19
Contact: April Hall, Executive Vice President, Business Development
The Director of Business Development works under the direct supervision of the Executive Vice President of Business Development. The Director of Business Development is responsible for the development, implementation, organization, and productivity of the sales and marketing program which includes enhancing the company’s profile/image to the business and scientific communities.
- Develops and implements short- and long-term strategies and marketing plans required to meet the business’ long-term growth and profitability objectives in the defined region or area.
- Performs high-level business development activities, including meeting with potential customers, making capabilities presentations, negotiating contract terms, and ensuring a timely and thorough new customer process.
- Generate sales strategies to market the companies’ animal models, contract research, room- use, colony maintenance, and other services.
- Maintains high-level contact with key accounts. Interacts as necessary to address issues, gather feedback, and generally keep abreast of industry trends and activities.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the scientific research team to ensure that the customer has a cohesive and responsive team throughout the sales process.
- Develop and qualify leads through frequent potential client contacts and prospecting; maintain rapport with existing and past clients.
- Participates in the design of the company’s marketing materials and stock including: brochures, letterhead, and business cards.
- May participate in the design, maintenance, and functionality of the company’s Web site.
- May oversee a sales file, which may include, but may not be limited to;
- Gather data on leads contacted.
- Maintain and track lead probability interest from proposal to commitment.
- Follow up with clients to ensure that proposals are complete.
- Maintain a file of current (and if required historical) client interactions and contractual agreements.
- Develop relationships with customers that influences the acceptance and use of company animal models and services:
- Maintains knowledge of proprietary animal models, research areas and services;
- Communicates to customers any current and new animal models and services.
- Generate budgets and suggested selling price for prospective studies and change orders in conjunction with senior staff.
- Engage in the contractual agreement process and ensure that contracts are properly executed.
- Generate Statement of Work/Change Orders and other applicable documents.
- Provides data on marketing trends and competitive pricing and research areas.
- Participates in on-site and off-site client visits and presentations.
- Coordinates company participation and/or attends trade shows, as required.
- Shares customer problems/concerns with all appropriate personnel for a timely and reasonable resolution.
- Performs all other related duties as required.
Problem Solving/Decision Making:
- Functions independently with guidance from senior management.
- Exercises independent judgment to solve short term and long-term issues related to sales and marketing.
- Participates in strategic planning, evaluating, developing and implementing effective processes for the improvement of current and future sales and marketing initiatives.
- Anticipates market needs for company growth in company business offerings.
- Coordinates clients’ needs (timelines, program needs, etc.) in conjunction with Biomere’s internal operational function.
|BA or BS Degree||AND 5 years of professional experience in life science industry.|
|MBA or MS||AND 3 years of professional experience in life science industry|
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: Valid driver’s license required.
- Professional experience and strategic planning skills in sales and marketing within scientific research organization. CRO experience a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to create/develop and implement effective process improvement initiatives.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills necessary to interact with various levels of personnel collaborating with internal research scientist as well as clients and vendors.
- Proficient at public speaking at internal or external audiences, including presentations.
- Ability to handle multiple projects, meet timelines and assist in executive level decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a team-oriented environment within established policies and procedures.
- Proficient in computer-based software programs i.e. Microsoft® Office, Sage Act! Database, File Transfer Protocol (FTP), and other sales software.
- Personnel must be able to carry out the essential functions of this position with reasonable accommodation if disabled.
- May be required to shower into barrier animal facilities and wear the appropriate personal protective equipment in each area as described by SOPs.
- Travel is required to perform job requirements.
Environmental Working Conditions:
- Office setting
Biomere, formerly known as Biomedical Research Models, Inc. is a preclinical CRO based in Worcester, MA that offers an extensive portfolio of pre-clinical research services from early discovery and proof-of-concept to discovery toxicology.Our newly renovated, state-of-the-art preclinical CRO facilities include over 55,000 square feet of space including a 22,000 square feet dedicated non-human primate facility equipped with operating suite.Our small animal program includes a “shower in” barrier facility and dedicated rooms and resources for client’s programs all staffed with outstanding technical and professional teams working in a culture and atmosphere of collaboration focused on customer service.
Scientist - DMPK Cambridge, MA Eisai, Inc. - POSTED 7/26/19
Company: Eisai, Inc.
Location: Cambridge, MA, USA
Job Description: Scientist Position for Metabolite Identification and Metabolism-related Studies in Discovery DMPK
To Apply: Click here
Eisai Inc. was established in 1995 and began marketing its first product in the United States in 1997. Since then we have rapidly grown to become a fully integrated pharmaceutical business. Eisai’s areas of commercial focus include neurology, gastrointestinal disorders and oncology/critical care. The company serves as the U.S. pharmaceutical operation of Eisai Co., Ltd., a research-based human health care (hhc) company that discovers, develops and markets products throughout the world.
Eisai has a global product creation organization that includes U.S.-based R&D facilities in Massachusetts, New Jersey, North Carolina and Pennsylvania as well as manufacturing facilities in Maryland and North Carolina. The company’s areas of R&D focus include neuroscience; oncology; vascular, inflammatory and immunological reaction; and antibody-based programs.
Eisai recognizes that we are the Company’s greatest asset. To this, Eisai is committed to providing us an enabling and empowering work environment that allows us to grow and thrive. In our diverse organization, we adhere to a strict commitment to our values of Integrity, Respect, Professionalism, Quality and Teamwork. We therefore invite you to explore this job opportunity or any others that may match your qualifications and interests.
Recognizing the potential for human genetics and precision chemistry to disrupt the drug discovery paradigm, Eisai recently announced establishment of the new Eisai Center for Genetics Guided Dementia Discovery (G2D2). This industry-unique center will occupy a purpose-designed state-of-the-art 50,000 sq. ft. research facility in Cambridge, MA currently scheduled to be completed in spring 2019. The mission of the new center is to accelerate drug discovery and development using human genetics to drive multi- disciplinary team-based progress towards medicines that address unmet patient needs. The predominant research focus of G2D2 will be immunodementia: a new concept for next-generation therapeutics for Alzheimer’s Disease and other dementias that targets immune/inflammation related mechanisms. Our approach is premised upon and continuously incorporates robust insights from human genetics and other sources of human biology. This research focus builds upon Eisai’s considerable experience in and commitment to neurology research, and to our human health care mission which recognizes the profound impact of Alzheimer’s and related dementia on patients and their caregivers.
You will join a highly interactive and collaborative team spanning a broad range of drug discovery capabilities including: data sciences (genetics and informatics), wet lab biology (in-vitro and in-vivo), drug discovery platforms (biochemistry, chemical biology, assay development, structural biology, screening, drug safety and DMPK), and chemistry (including application of novel small molecule and anti-sense oligonucleotide approaches). At Eisai, we highly value both internal and external collaboration and pursue flexible research models with a range of external scientific partners to accelerate delivery of innovative medicines. As an Eisai employee you will also spend at least 1% of your working time with patients and families to ensure that the innovation you drive is based on an understanding of their real needs.
G2D2 (https://us.eisai.com/research/g2d2/g2d2-facility) builds upon the success of the Eisai AiM Institute. This role will be located in our new facility in Cambridge.The DMPK group at Eisai Center for Genetics guided Dementia discovery in Cambridge is seeking a highly qualified multi-disciplinary team-oriented Scientist with emphasis in the area of metabolite identification and biotransformation-related DMPK studies. The major responsibility of this hire would be to conduct metabolite identification and structural elucidation using in vitro and in vivo samples. In this role the candidate will have the opportunity to work on small molecule projects as well as new modalities such nucleotide therapeutics, ADC etc.
- Conduct metabolite identification for in vitro and in vivo study samples in various biological matrices using high resolution accurate LC-MS/MSn.
- Identify biotransformation pathways for various small molecules and novel modalities.
- Operate and maintain instruments independently with adequate ability of troubleshooting.
- Analyze raw data and report relevant parameters for in vitro metabolism-related studies in a timely fashion.
- Communicate research results to supervisor, process data, summarize in report format and upload into database in a timely manner.
- Maintain laboratory notebook and complete all documentation according to the standard operating procedures.
- Involve in comprehensive mechanistic ADME studies and author scientific manuscript for publication purpose as needed.
- Monitor studies, review and QC data at external CRO partners.
- Represent DMPK function on multidisciplinary project teams.
- Represent Eisai in external collaborations such as the IQ consortium.
- Contribute to regulatory filings such as IND, NDA.
- Manage and monitor DMPK studies at CROs.
- Education and Experience
Ph.D. in Biology, Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences or other related field with over 1-3 years’ experience or M.S. with 5-8 years’ experience in industry or CRO.
- Experience of metabolite identification for small molecules using in vitro and in vivo samples by LC- MS/MSn (UPLC/HLPC and Triple Quad/TOF Mass Spectrometry) is a must.
- Experience with mass spectrometry software for example (Analyst, MassLynx, Xcalibur, UNIFI, and/or Metabolite Pilot) is required
- Fundamental understanding of general principles of biotransformation is a must and a knowledge of medicinal chemistry is a plus.
- Knowledge of DDI or transporter related DMPK studies is a plus.
- Familiar with standard data analysis software packages used in the industry such as Excel, Graph Pad, Phoenix or other similar software packages.
- Familiar with electronic notebooks.
- Ideal candidate should be someone who is self-motivated, eager to explore and learn new skills, and is able to work productively in a team environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Here at Eisai, we are rewarded with highly competitive salaries, incentive awards, a comprehensive benefits package (Medical, Dental, Prescription and Vision Plans) 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Disability Insurance, and other great programs.Eisai is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants. The Company also strives for a work environment free from discrimination and harassment. It is Eisai’s policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations regarding nondiscrimination in employment and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of any protected status, including, but not limited to, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, ancestry, creed, alienage or citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Eisai is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran
Apply by visiting:
If you are a scientist who is interested in participating in these meetings,then please provide your contact details below and we shall be in touch. Thank you.
We shall not share your details with third parties.